FAMILIES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN FUND
CMN Overview & Eligibility
CMN realizes that many families with special needs children in north central Wisconsin are faced not only
with the emotional dilemma of dealing with a child's medical needs, but there is also a financial strain.
We also realize that fewer community and government programs are available to families.
Children's Miracle Network (CMN) began in 1983 and has since become the world's largest televised fund raising
event. Saint Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield joined forces with CMN in 1989 and thanks to the efforts
of local businesses, organizations and private donors, more than $680,000 was raised in 2006.
Why has CMN been so successful?
1) 100% of the funds raised stay locally. Funds are not sent to CMN national.
2) CMN does not focus on any particular disease or injury. We care about all children.
3) All overhead costs are underwritten by local and national sponsors enabling 100% of the donations to be
used to benefit children.
Get Acrobat Reader
Therefore, we established this fund to help meet the needs of some of these families in north central Wisconsin. This fund provides to a family a maximum of $500 per year for supplies, medications, transportation and other needs that will directly benefit the child. Up to $2,000 can be requested for durable medical equipment. This fund is intended to benefit those families or individuals that have exhausted all other available sources of funding.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
Any family with a special needs child can apply for funding. We do, however, request that the following criteria be met:
1) The special needs child is between the ages of 0-18.
2) The child must have a condition requiring medical care.
3) Families have applied for at least two sources of funding and have exhausted them or do not qualify (including personal funds and health insurance).
4) Funds can be requested for conference registration fees only (for up to 2 people).
(A copy of the registration form must be included).
5) Any durable medical equipment must be ordered by an MD - if at all possible, equipment should be returned to the CMN loan closet program. Please provide a letter of support from your physician/therapist for this request.
6) Funds cannot pay for groceries, car expenses, living expenses or hospital/clinic bills.
7) No funds will be sent to Ronald McDonald House (CMN supports RMH through an annual grant).
8) No contributions can be made to a fund drive or trust funds, etc.
9) Funds cannot be used for computers or computer software unless it is special adaptive equipment to meet the child’s special need (i.e. – large or magnified screen for seeing impaired, communication for children with CP, etc.)
10) Payments will be made to vendors or suppliers only.
11) A family is limited to $500 from CMN in a fiscal year (Oct 1-Sep 30).
($2000 for approved durable medical equipment).
Copyright © 2011
Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital
All rights reserved. Children's Miracle Network
611 Saint Joseph Ave ~ Marshfield, WI 54449
715-387-9965 or 1-800-428-5000 (WI only)